In this section, you’ll find:
- Understanding your cat
- Common behavioural problems
- Making introductions
The more time and effort we spend on our furry members of the family, the stronger the bond and a happier cat.
Increasing our understanding and knowledge of their behaviour can only enhance our enjoyment and love of these special animals. Here are a few sites to help you better understand cat behaviour, common problems and how to introduce a new cat to your family.
Understanding your cat
- International Cat Care has comprehensive information on understanding your cat.
- International Cat Care describes nine characteristics common to all companion cats, together with some examples of the impact they may have on your relationship with your cat.
- Understanding cat body language
- RSPCA Knowledge Base has comprehensive information about cat care, behaviour and introducing another cat.
Common behavioural problems
- A lot of the most common problems encountered around pet ownership are behavioural in nature. Vetico, the online veterinary has helpful information relating to behavioural issues.
- 10 Tips for Content Cats
- International Cat Care has comprehensive information on problem behaviour.
- Australian Veterinary Association fact sheet: Anxiety, fears and phobias in cats.
- International Cat Care has how-to-guides about making introductions – how to introduce a new kitten to your resident cat, introduce a new adult cat to your resident cat, introduce a new dog/puppy to your resident cat, introduce a new cat to your resident dog; and cats and children.
- We are family is a guide to nuturing the child and pet relationship from pregnancy to pre-school.