In this section, you’ll find:
- How to care for cats
- Litter box problems
- Pet safety
- Disaster preparation tips for pets
- Find a Vet
The more time and effort we spend on our furry members of the family, the stronger the bond and a happier cat. Here are a few sites to help you provide good cat care.
How to care for cats
- International Cat Care has comprehensive information on how to care for your cat with specific how to guides.
- International Cat Care has information on keeping your cat happy.
- Dr Joanne Righetti has 10 Tips for Content Cats.
- Dr Joanne Righetti has Tips for keeping pets cool and Tips for keeping pets warm.
- Welfare worries for cats, top tips for cat owners.
- A publication called Pets in the City has detailed information on cat ownership.
- Natural diet for cats.
- Cat Protection Society has a fact sheet on keeping your cat indoors.
Litter box problems
- Pets4Life blog on litter box problems lists the reasons cat avoid the litter box and tips to prevent a problem occuring.
- International Cat Care has information on how to choose the right litter, litter box, litter and box position for your cat
- ASPCA says at least ten percent of all cats develop elimination problems. This site has detailed information about the causes of litter box problems and what to do about it.
- Catinfo list the main reasons cats avoid using its litter box
Find a Vet
- Australian Veterinary Association has an online tool to find a vet in your local area.
- Pets in the Park is a charity that runs free pet health clinics at two locations in Sydney – Darlinghurst and Parramatta.
Pet safety around the home
- Pet safety guide includes common household dangers, food safety and how to pet proof your home.
- RSPCA Victoria has information on how to deal with common emergency situations: wounds, poisoning, bites, burns and seizures.
Disaster Preparation Tips for Pets
Be prepared! International Fund Animal Welfare (IFAW) works with local communities to help them better prepare for future disasters. IFAW says – pack a pet surviival kits, ensure your pet has proper identification and always take your pet with you when you evacuate.